Our providers are primary health care professionals with a significant role in health promotion and treatment of injury and disease. They combine their in-depth knowledge of the body and how it works with specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability.
They begin with an evaluation that may include a series of tests to determine range of motion, muscle strength, postural alignment and abnormalities in movement patterns, body mechanics and quality of daily activities. Other tests may include those for sensation, balance, coordination and nerve function.
Under the careful guidance of our therapists, a wide range of therapeutic exercises and treatment programs are tailored to meet your specific needs, alleviate pain and help you reach your potential.
ADDITIONAL PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES
Hands on techniques used by our physiotherapists to improve the mobility of joints and soft tissue throughout the body, relieving pain and improving.
– Skilled manual therapists will evaluate, assess and develop a comprehensive treatment plan.
– Treatment may include myofascial release, joint mobilization, manipulation and muscle energy techniques.
A branch of Physiotherapy that focuses on sport specific injury management and prevention as well as performance enhancement and training. Our personalized therapeutic programs will help you reach your full potential and get you back in action.
– Rehabilitation is tailored to address all types of injuries from recreational to elite athletes.
– Learn more about our running and golf specific programs in the members area.
POST OPERATIVE REHAB
POST OPERATIVE REHAB
Physiotherapy is commonly prescribed before and after surgery to help address patients concerns about pain, mobility, flexibility, balance, muscular strength and function.– An assessment is performed and a personalized treatment plan is created by the Physiotherapist to meet all your pre-post surgical rehabilitation needs.
– Beginning the therapeutic process prior to surgery has been shown to significantly speed up recovery.
The application of electro-therapeutic modalities and ultrasound are commonly used as adjuncts to Physiotherapy and help to:
– Increase blood flow, improve circulation and manage acute-chronic pain.
– Reduce muscular spasm and inhibit tone in aggravated tissues.
– Promote relaxation, facilitate muscle re-education and stimulate repair.
Rehabilitation techniques used by Kinesiotherapists are often referred by physicians and physiotherapists to:
– Help individuals deal with and manage prolonged functional limitations.
– Help individuals enhance their overall physical conditioning and mobility.
– Help individuals transition to self-managed, personalized or group exercise regimes.
Scientific Therapeutic Exercise Prescription (S.T.E.P) is an evidence based approach to therapeutic exercise prescription which focuses on:
– Reducing imbalances between hyper and hypo-mobilities causing pain.
– Reducing joint pain and stiffness while improving range of motion and mobility.
– Strengthening weak muscles by providing enhanced stabilization and dosage.